| Prof. Dehui Deng
State Key Laboratory of Catalysis
Dalian Institute of Chemical Physics, CAS
Zhongshan Road 457, Dalian 116023, China
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
Jun. 2017~Present Professor, State Key Laboratory of Catalysis, Dalian Institute of Chemical Physics, the Chinese Academy of Sciences, Dalian.
Jan. 2015~Present iChEM Research fellow, Xiamen University.
Feb. 2013~2017 Associate Professor, State Key Laboratory of Catalysis, Dalian Institute of Chemical Physics, the Chinese Academy of Sciences, Dalian.
Apr. 2015~ Jan. 2016 Visiting Scholar, Department of Chemistry, Stanford University, USA.
Sept. 2007~ Oct. 2012 Ph.D. in Physical Chemistry, Dalian Institute of Chemical Physics, Chinese Academy of Sciences.
Sept. 2003~ Jun. 2007 B.S. in Light Industry Engineering and B.S. in National Economy Management, Sichuan University.
Design and synthesis of advanced 2D catalytic materials and their heterostrucutres, including graphene, MoS2, LDHs et al.
The surface and interface control of 2D catalytic materials and their heterostrucutres, focusing on 2D-material “Chainmail” catalysts and 2D materials confing single atom catalysts.
Basic and applied research research in heterogeneous catalysis and electrocatalysis, aiming at the highly efficient activation or conversion of small energy molecules such as O2, H2, H2O, CO, CO2, CH4 and CH3OH.
HONORS AND AWARDS
2016 Young Scientist Program by MOST of China
2016 Top-Notch Young Scientist Program by the Chinese Academy of Sciences
2016 Young Cutting-Edge Nanochemitry Researcher Award of China
2016 Young Scientist Prize of the 16th International Congress on Catalysis
2016 Young Scientist Committee of Journal of Energy Chemistry
2014 “The Catalysis Rising Star Award” by The Catalysis Society of China
2013 “100 Talents Program” by DICP, CAS
2013 CAS/Beijing/Liaoning Province Outstanding Graduate Students
2011 Excellent Award of the President of the Chinese Academy of Sciences
1. Jiao Deng, Dehui Deng*, Xinhe Bao*, Robust catalysis on two-dimensional materials encapsulating metals: concept, application and perspective, Adv. Mater. 2017, DOI: 10.1002/adma.201606967.
2. Jiao Deng, Haobo Li, Suheng Wang, Ding Ding, Mingshu Chen, Chuan Liu, Zhongqun Tian, K. S. Novoselov, Chao Ma, Dehui Deng*, Xinhe Bao*，Multiscale structural and electronic control of molybdenum disulfide foam for highly efficient hydrogen production, Nat. Commun. 2017, 8, 14430.
3. Xiaoqi Chen, Liang Yu, Suheng Wang, Dehui Deng*, Xinhe Bao*, Highly active and stable single iron site confined in graphene nanosheets for oxygen reduction reaction, Nano Energy 2017, 32, 353-358.
4. Yunchuan Tu, Haobo Li, Dehui Deng*, Jianping Xiao, Xiaoju Cui, Ding Ding, Mingshu Chen, Xinhe Bao*, Low charge overpotential of lithium-oxygen batteries with metallic Co encapsulated in single-layer graphene shell as the catalyst, Nano Energy 2016, 30, 877-884.
5. Dehui Deng, K. S. Novoselov*, Qiang Fu, Nanfeng Zheng, Zhongqun Tian*, Xinhe Bao*, Catalysis with two-dimensional materials and their heterostructures, Nat. Nanotechol. 2016, 11, 218-230.
6. Xiaoju Cui, Jianping Xiao, Yihui Wu, Peipei Du, Rui Si, Huaixin Yang, Huanfang Tian, Jianqi Li, Wen‐Hua Zhang*, Dehui Deng*, Xinhe Bao, A Graphene Composite Material with Single Cobalt Active Sites: A Highly Efficient Counter Electrode for Dye‐Sensitized Solar Cells, Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2016, 55, 6708-6712.
7. Xiaoju Cui, Pengju Ren, Dehui Deng*, Jiao Deng, Xinhe Bao*, Single layer graphene encapsulating non-precious metals as high-performance electrocatalysts for water oxidation, Energy Environ. Sci., 2016, 9, 123-129.
8. Dehui Deng*, Xiaoqi Chen, Liang Yu, Xing Wu, Qingfei Liu, Yun Liu, Huaixin Yang, Huanfang Tian, Yongfeng Hu, Peipei Du, Rui Si, Junhu Wang, Xiaoju Cui, Haobo Li, Jianping Xiao, Tao Xu, Jiao Deng, Fan Yang, Paul N. Duchesne, Peng Zhang, Jigang Zhou, Litao Sun, Jianqi Li, Xiulian Pan, and Xinhe Bao*, Single iron site confined in graphene matrix for catalytic oxidation of benzene at room temperature, Sci. Adv. 2015, 1, e1500462.
9. Jiao Deng, Pengju Ren, Dehui Deng*, Xinhe Bao*, Enhanced Electron Penetration through an Ultrathin Graphene Layer for Highly Efficient Catalysis of the Hydrogen Evolution Reaction, Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2015, 54, 2100 –2104.
10. Jiao Deng, Haobo Li, Jianping Xiao, Yunchuan Tu, Dehui Deng*, Huaixin Yang, Huanfang Tian, Jianqi Li, Pengju Ren, Xinhe Bao*, Triggering the electrocatalytic hydrogen evolution activity of inert two-dimensional MoS2 surface via single-atom metal doping, Energy Environ. Sci. 2015, 8, 1594-1601.
11. Xiaoqi Chen, Jianping Xiao, Jian Wang, Dehui Deng*, Yongfeng Hu, Jigang Zhou, Liang Yu, Thomas Heine, Xiulian Pan, Xinhe Bao*, Visualizing electronic interactions between iron and carbon by X-ray chemical imaging and spectroscopy, Chem. Sci. 2015, 6, 3262-3267.
12. Xiaojia Zheng, Jiao Deng, Nan Wang, Dehui Deng*, Wen-Hua Zhang*, Xinhe Bao, Can Li, Podlike N-Doped Carbon Nanotubes Encapsulating FeNi Alloy Nanoparticles: High-Performance Counter Electrode Materials for Dye-Sensitized Solar Cells, Angew. Chem. Int. Ed., 2014, 53, 7023-7027.
13. Jiao Deng, Pengju Ren, Dehui Deng*, Liang Yu, Fan Yang and Xinhe Bao*, Highly active and durable non-precious-metal catalysts encapsulated in carbon nanotubes for hydrogen evolution reaction, Energy Environ. Sci., 2014, 7, 1919-1923.
14. Xiaoguang Guo, Guangzong Fang, Gang Li, Hao Ma, Hongjun Fan, Liang Yu, Chao Ma, Xing Wu, Dehui Deng, Mingming Wei, Dali Tan, Rui Si, Shuo Zhang, Jianqi Li, Litao Sun, Zichao Tang, Xiulian Pan, Xinhe Bao*, Direct, Nonoxidative Conversion of Methane to Ethylene, Aromatics, and Hydrogen, Science, 2014, 344, 616-619.
15. Dehui Deng, Liang Yu, Xiaoqi Chen, Guoxiong Wang, Li Jin, Xiulian Pan*, Gongquan Sun, Xinhe Bao*, Iron encapsulated within Pod-like carbon nanotubes for oxygen reduction reaction, Angew. Chem. Int. Ed., 2013, 52, 371-375.
16. Dehui Deng, Xiulian Pan*, Hui Zhang, Qiang Fu, Dali Tan, Xinhe Bao*, Freestanding graphene by thermal splitting of silicon carbide granules, Adv. Mater., 2010, 22, 2168-2171.