| Prof. Peng Jiang
State Key Laboratory of Catalysis (SKLC)
Dalian Institute of Chemical Physics (DICP)
the Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS)
457 Zhongshan Road,116023 Dalian P.R. China
Tel : +86 411 84379765
Fax : +86 411 84694447
|2002-2007 Ph.D. in Physics
||Institute of Physics, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, P.R. China
|1998-2002 B.S. in Optics
||Department of Optics, Shandong University, Jinan, P.R. China
|Nov. 2011 – Present
||Associate Professor, State Key Laboratory of Catalysis, Dalian Institute of Chemical Physics, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Dalian, P.R. China
|Oct. 2007 –Oct. 2011
||Postdoctoral Fellow, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, Berkeley, U. S.A.
To understand the fundamental mechanisms of catalytic reactions by means of various in situ characterization techniques.
- Using scanning tunneling microscopy/spectroscopy (STM/STS) and scanning Kelvin probe microscope to detect and monitor the changes of morphology and electronic structures of model catalysis systems under realistic conditions;
- In situ investigating the catalytic processes by high-pressure X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy (XPS) and X-ray absorption spectroscopy (XAS) for environment and energy related reactions, such as CO oxidation, Fischer-Tropsch synthesis, water gas shift;
- Revealing the fundamental mechanism of realistic electrochemical reactions, such as lithium-ion batteries and supercapacitors, by means of in situ liquid XAS.
- S. Porsgaard, P. Jiang, F. Borondics, S. Wendt, Z. Liu, H. Bluhm, F. Besenbacher, and M. Salmeron, “Charge state of gold nanoparticles supported on titania under oxygen pressure”, Angew. Chem. Int. Ed., 50, 2266 (2011).
- G. Koshkakaryan, P. Jiang, S. Aloni, V. Altoe, D. Cao, L. M. Klivansky, M. Salmeron, and Y. Liu, “Multilayered nanofibers from stacks of single-molecular thick nanosheets of hexakis(alkoxy)triphenylens”, Chem. Commun., 46, 8579 (2010).
- K. Arima, P. Jiang, X. Y. Deng, H. Bluhm, and M. Salmeron, “Water adsorption, solvation and deliquescence of alkali halide thin films on SiO2 studied by ambient pressure X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy”, J. Phys. Chem. C, 114, 14900 (2010).
- P. Jiang, J. L. Chen, F. Borondics, P. Glans, M. W. West, C. L. Chang, M. Salmeron, and J. H. Guo, “In situ soft X-ray absorption spectroscopy investigation of electrochemical corrosion of copper in aqueous NaHCO3 solution”, Electrochem. Commun., 12, 820 (2010).
- P. Jiang, S. Porsgaard, F. Borondics, M. Köber, A. Caballero, H. Bluhm, F. Besenbacher, and M. Salmeron, “Room-temperature reaction of oxygen with gold: an in situ ambient-pressure X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy investigation”, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 132, 2858 (2010).
- K. Arima, P. Jiang, D. S. Lin, A. Verdaguer, and M. Salmeron, “Ion segregation and deliquescence of alkali halide nanocrystals on SiO2 ”, J. Phys. Chem. A, 113, 9715 (2009).
- P. Jiang, L. L. Wang, Y. X. Ning, Y. Qi, X. C. Ma, J. F. Jia, and Q. K. Xue, “Two-step oxidation of Pb(111) surfaces”, Chin. Phys. Lett., 26, 016803 (2009).
- Y. Yang, J. Li, Z. R. Liu, G. Zhou, J. Wu, W. H. Duan, P. Jiang, J. F. Jia, Q. K. Xue, B. L. Gu, and S. B. Zhang, “Activated dissociation of O2 on Pb(111) surfaces by Pb adatoms”, Phys. Rev. B, 80, 073406 (2009).
- P. Jiang, X. C. Ma, Y. X. Ning, C. L. Song, X. Chen, J. F. Jia, and Q. K. Xue, “Quantum size effect directed selective self-assembling of cobalt phthalocyanine on Pb(111) thin films”, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 130, 7790 (2008).
- Y. Yang, G. Zhou, J. Wu, W. H. Duan, Q. K. Xue, B. L. Gu, P. Jiang, X. C. Ma, and S. B. Zhang, “The adsorption of O2 on Pb films and the effect of quantum modulation: A first-principles prediction”, J. Chem. Phys., 128, 164705 (2008).
- X. C. Ma, P. Jiang, Y. Qi, J. F. Jia, Y. Yang, W. H. Duan, W. X. Li, X. H. Bao, S. B. Zhang, and Q. K. Xue, “Experimental observation of quantum oscillation of surface chemical reactivities”, Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A., 104, 9204 (2007).
- L. L. Wang, X. C. Ma, P. Jiang, Y. S. Fu, S. H. Ji, J. F. Jia, and Q. K. Xue, “Surface morphologies of Pb thin films on Si(111)”, J. Phys.: Condens. Matter, 19, 306002 (2007).
- Y. Qi, X. C. Ma, P. Jiang, S. H. Ji, Y. S. Fu, J. F. Jia, Q. K. Xue and S. B. Zhang, “Atomic-layer-resolved local work functions of Pb thin films and their dependence on quantum well states”, Appl. Phys. Lett., 90, 013109 (2007).
- L. L. Wang, X. C. Ma, P. Jiang, S. H. Ji, Y. S. Fu, J. F. Jia, and Q. K. Xue, “Uniform Pb nanowires of magic thickness on Si(111) controlled by elastic interaction and quantum size effects”, Phys. Rev. B, 74, 073404 (2006).
- L. L. Wang, X. C. Ma, Y. Qi, P. Jiang, J. F. Jia, Q. K. Xue, J. Jiao, and X. H. Bao, “Controlled growth of uniform silver clusters on HOPG”, Ultramicroscopy, 105, 1 (2005).