03/2017-01/2021 Research Associate, Department of Chemistry, Imperial College London, London UK
10/2012-09/2016 Ph.D. in Chemistry, The University of Warwick, UK
09/2010-06/2012 M.E. in Environmental Engineering, Shandong University, China.
09/2006-06/2010 B.E. in Environmental Engineering, Shandong University, China.
● Scanning electrochemical imaging
● Real time and in-situ characterization of electrochemical systems by coupled techniques
● Electrochemical reactor design and optimisation
Aleix G. Güell, Sze-yin Tan, Patrick R. Unwin, Guohui Zhang. Electrochemistry at Highly Oriented Pyrolytic Graphite (HOPG): Toward a New Perspective. Electrochemistry of Carbon Electrodes. Wiley-vch, 2016.
Representative Journal Publications
Jun Wu, Asad Mehmood, Guohui Zhang, Shuang Wu, Ghulam Ali, Anthony Kucernak. Highly Selective O2 Reduction to H2O2 Catalyzed by Cobalt Nanoparticles Supported on Nitrogen Doped Carbon in Alkaline Solution. ACS Catal. 2021.
Bing Li, Guohui Zhang, Islam Bogachan Tahirbegi, Michael J. Morten, Haijie Tan. Monitoring amyloid-β 42 Conformational Change Using a Spray-printed Graphene Electrode. Electrochem. Commun. 2021, 123, 106927.
Guohui Zhang, Anthony Kucernak. Gas Accessible Membrane Electrode (GAME): A Versatile Platform for Elucidating Electrocatalytic Processes Using Real-Time and in Situ Hyphenated Electrochemical Techniques. ACS Catal. 2020, 10, 9684−9693.
Jon Ustarroz, Isabel M. Ornelas, Guohui Zhang, David Perry, Minkyung Kang, Cameron L. Bentley, Marc Walker, Patrick R. Unwin. Mobility and Poisoning of Mass-Selected Platinum Nanoclusters during the Oxygen Reduction Reaction. ACS Catal. 2018, 8, 6775−6790.
Guohui Zhang, Sze-yin Tan, Anisha N Patel, Patrick R Unwin. Electrochemistry of Fe3+/2+ at Highly Oriented Pyrolytic Graphite (HOPG) Electrodes: Kinetics, Identification of Major Electroactive Sites and Time Effects on the Response. Phys. Chem. Chem. Phys., 2016, 18, 32387-32395.
Patrick R. Unwin, Aleix G. Güell, Guohui Zhang. Nanoscale Electrochemistry of sp2 Carbon Materials: From Graphite and Graphene to Carbon Nanotubes. Acc. Chem. Res., 2016, 49, 2041–2048.
Guohui Zhang, Marc Walker, Patrick R. Unwin. Low-voltage Voltammetric Electrowetting of Graphite Surfaces by Ion Intercalation/De-intercalation. Langmuir, 2016, 32, 7476–7484.
Guohui Zhang, Aleix G. Güell, Paul M Kirkman, Robert A Lazenby, Thomas S. Miller, Patrick R. Unwin. Versatile Polymer-Free Graphene Transfer Method and Applications. ACS Appl. Mater. Interfaces, 2016, 8, 8008–8016.
Anatolii S Cuharuc,† Guohui Zhang,† Patrick R Unwin. Electrochemistry of Ferrocene Derivatives at Highly Oriented Pyrolytic Graphite (HOPG): Quantification and Impact of Surface Adsorption. Phys. Chem. Chem. Phys., 2016, 18, 4966-4977. († equal contribution)
Guohui Zhang, Anatolii S Cuharuc, Aleix Güell, Patrick R Unwin. Electrochemistry at Highly Oriented Pyrolytic Graphite (HOPG): Lower Limit for the Kinetics of Outer-sphere Redox Processes and General Implications for Electron Transfer Models. Phys. Chem. Chem. Phys., 2015, 17, 11827-11838.
Guohui Zhang, Paul M Kirkman, Anisha N Patel, Anatolii S Cuharuc, Kim McKelvey, Patrick R Unwin. Molecular Functionalization of Graphite Surfaces: Basal Plane vs Step Edge Electrochemical Activity. J. Am. Chem. Soc., 2014, 136, 11444–11451.
Aleix G Güell, Anatolii S Cuharuc, Yang-Rae Kim, Guohui Zhang, Sze-Yin Tan, Neil Ebejer, Patrick R Unwin. Redox Dependent Spatially Resolved Electrochemistry at Graphene and Graphite Step Edges. ACS Nano, 2015, 9, 3558-3571.
Mingming Gao, Guohui Zhang, Xinhua Wang, Fenglin Yang. The Bromamine Acid Removal from Aqueous Solution using Electro-Fenton and Fenton Systems. Desalin. Water Treat., 2012, 47, 157-162.
Mingming Gao, Guohui Zhang, Gang Zhang, Xinhua Wang, Shuguang Wang, Ying Yang. The Resistance to Over-oxidation for Polyaniline Initiated by the Resulting Quinone-like Molecules. Polym. Degrad. Stab., 2011, 96, 1799-1804.
● A Novel Electroplating/Electrodeposition Unit. ZL2011104162552 (Invention). China
● A Series Rubber Dam System Design for the Purification of River Water. ZL2011205590280 (Utility Model). China
● A New Method for Polyaniline-Microbe Composite Electrode Preparation. ZL2011101645645 (Invention). China
● 2016 Best Poster Award. Composites and Electrochemistry with 2-Dimensional Materials Workshop. UK.
● 2016 Shortlisted for SET for BRITAIN. House of Commons. UK Parliament.
● 2014 Best Poster Award. The 65th Annual Meeting of the International Society of Electrochemistry. Switzerland.
● 2012-2016 Chancellor’s International Scholarship. The University of Warwick.
● 2012 Warwick-China Scholarship Council (CSC) Scholarship (Declined in Favour of the Chancellor’s International Scholarship from the University of Warwick)
● 2009 The Second Prize Scholarship of Shandong University
● 2009 Excellent League Member of Shandong University
● 2008 The Second Prize Scholarship of Shandong University